Bargain Carpets use the best quality carpet and the best quality underlay and with the savings of not having showrooms we bring the carpet to your door at affordable prices in Melbourne and Adelaide.
Carpet underlay will help extend the life of your carpet. The underlay actually absorbs impact, which makes your carpet more comfortable and helps keep it looking new. When choosing carpet, the last thing on anyone’s mind is what should go underneath it however this is one of the most important decisions you can make. New carpet is a significant investment so it’s vital to use a quality carpet underlay to support it and deliver the comfort you want.
- Carpets with built in underlays are usually a poor substitute for the combination of a good carpet and good underlay.
- If you have in-floor heating, you need to take this into account when choosing your underlay (as well as your carpet).
- Never lay a good quality carpet on a worn underlay. Your new carpet will not feel anywhere near as good as it should underfoot.
- And the few dollars you save will be a short-term saving, as your expensive new carpet will wear far more quickly.
5 Tips for Buying Carpet
- A good underlay will make the carpet feel more comfortable and luxurious, extend the life of the carpet, overcome minor imperfections in the subfloor, reduce noise, improve thermal insulation resulting in lower energy bills in heating and cooling, and further reduce the risk of serious injury resulting from slips and falls.
- Consider buying a little extra carpet as a reserve to replace damaged areas. If you are carpeting stairs, think about buying enough carpet to recover the stairs, as carpet on stairs wears faster than in other areas of the home.
- Protect carpet from prolonged periods of direct sunlight with blinds, shades or awnings.
- If you don’t already have one, buy a good vacuum cleaner. Modern cleaners with multi filter systems will safely remove dirt and fine dust particles.
- Place barrier mats at outside doors to trap dirt from shoes.